Pumpkin in Fall. . . Groundbreaking
Fall in NYC is just around the corner, if you can believe it. And with that comes the promise of cardigans, Halloween, and of course, pumpkins. Pumpkin pie, coffee, and bread are among the countless popular products people know and love. However, the flavor is getting to be a tad overdone.
Carmen Larsen, 20 , who works at the notable coffee establishment in the bustling Union Square location, loves the traditional pumpkin flavor.
“I am obsessed with the Pumpkin Spice Latte—it is the only basic thing about me,” she says laughing.
But she is eager to try some of the new baked goodies the store will bring in. "Hopefully I will branch out. I always pick the same drink or food," she states. So here are a few items other than the renowned Pumpkin Spice Latte that will stimulate your taste buds…
1. Salted Caramel Mocha: this drink is rich with toffee nut syrup and mocha sauce topped off with whipped cream, salt and caramel drizzle. This flavor combination will have you ordering seconds. Plus, it’s a chance to venture out from the norm.
2. Tiramisu Latte: a different take on the timeless Italian delicacy, this drink is made with rich cocoa espresso powder, steamed milk, and a delectable mascarpone flavor. It puts a whole new spin on “saving room for dessert.”
3. Maple Pecan Muffins: it’s maple. It’s pecan.
4. Apple Cider Doughnuts: these are a favorite of mine. Starbucks made this lovely addition this season. It is a definite fall staple flavored with the scrumptious taste of apple cider topped with vanilla icing and a sprinkle of turbinado sugar.
5. Morning Muffins: a great option for breakfast and to kick start your day. This baked good consists of rolled oats, zucchini, carrots, raisins, coconut and walnuts completed with pepita oats and raw sugar.
Be on the lookout for these additions, and remember it is okay to decline twice if they ask for Pumpkin Spice.